Base Quantum CEO, Duncan Hughes-Phillips, is set to speak at the International Bar Association’s ‘6th Construction Projects from Conception to Completion Conference’ in Brussels on Friday 15 September.
Duncan will be on the panel ‘Assessing disruption: different methods and do they matter?’ alongside industry players such as: Clyde & Co, Pinhero Neto Advogados, and Fox Rothschild. The panel will explore which methods work best internationally for presenting and proving disruption claims.
Co-presented by the IBA International Construction Projects Committee of the Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure by the Law Section (SEERIL) and the IBA Young Lawyers’ Committee, the conference covers a variety of topics and issues facing the construction law industry, including:
- Are FIDIC forms worth their popularity?
- Drafting extension of time clauses: specifying delay methodologies and providing for ‘concurrency’
- The importance of the applicable law. How far do lawyers from civil law and common law backgrounds view the same construction law issues differently?
- Assessing disruption: different methods and do they matter?
- ‘My top tips for the best awards’
- Solving disputes under different arbitration rules: does it matter and is there a ‘best choice’?
Base Quantum are also proud to be the headline sponsor for the conference.
The ‘6th Construction Projects from Conception to Completion Conference’ runs from 14-16 September 2017 at Hilton Brussels Grand Place, Brussels, Belgium. You can find out more about it here.