Deptford Dockyard, London
The development of 16.6 hectares of brownfield site at Convoys Wharf, which is located on the River Thames.
Enabling works for the development included the demolition of a redundant loading and unloading pontoon and its associated structures; such as monopiles, linkspan bridge and sheet pile wall. The works required marine demolition, specialist vessels and marine subcontractors.
During the contract, the team carried out commercial management services including:
- Procurement of all labour, plant, materials and subcontractors
- Procurement of specialist marine equipment
- Monthly budgeting reviews and assessing progress against tender
- Measuring adverse weather events due to unpredictable working environments
- Subcontract payment and certification
- Payment applications and valuations
- Variation valuation and administration
- Claims for loss and expense and extension of time
- Monthly cost and value reconciliations
- Determination of the final account with the client and subcontractors.
|« previous post||back to our projects||next post »|